Grindr Feature Requests

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search by free-form text in profile bios

Please make profiles free-form text searchable so we can better find matches and make richer connections, whether that be for hookups, friends, dates, networking, and/or relationships.
    Searching by tags is a step in the right direction—thank you—but it’s too confining and unreliable :/

2,298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  XTRA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable 'Google Location Accuracy'

Grindr is the only social networking app that requires Google’s location service. In order to go online or refresh the cascade, we users are forced to turn it on. This infringes on our privacy and puts our online safety at risk. Grindr can use only our device's GPS (instead of our Wi-Fi and mobile networks) to precisely pinpoint our location and accurately place us on the grid without needing to collect our personal data for third parties like Google and unknown ad companies. This would not change our in-app experience; it just protects our privacy and preserves our battery life.…

1,162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.
    (Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

1,209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Push Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Badge on profiles indicating how many active users have that profile favorited

Display an indicator on profiles that denotes how many active users (online within the past week) have that profile favorited. You can call them followers ☺

663 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve the reliability of the “Looking For” filter

As an XTRA subscriber who's not into internet hookups, I filter my cascade for profiles looking for "Friends, Dates, + Relationships." However, profiles looking for "Friends, Right Now, and Chat" will still pop up (for example), and, upon further inspection, it becomes clear that these profiles are only interested in "Right Now," which renders the filter useless. To fix this, please integrate a toggle for a search modifier of “ONLY” into the filter, so that our searches generate more reliable results that better reflect the matches we are looking for.

Example:
    When selecting "Friends, Dates, + Relationships" in the “Looking…

419 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XTRA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do not leave an in-chat notification when an unread message is unsent

Only messages that were viewed by the recipient deserve an “unsent message” notification if they're retracted by the sender. Messages that were never opened by the recipient, however, should just disappear without a trace. This way, we subscribers can unsend typos and other unseen mistakes without causing any suspicion.

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pause subscription

For those of us XTRA/Unlimited subscribers who need to take a break from Grindr due to work-related, health-related, or relationship-related reasons, it would be helpful if we could freeze our subscription so we don’t lose the remaining time we’ve paid for. Since we can’t request refunds, at least don’t penalize us when conflicts arise in our personal life that demand us to step away from the app for a bit. You can still keep our money, just give us the option to freeze. This would be especially helpful for those of us on year-long subscriptions.
    (To prevent users from freezing…

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XTRA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do not store our previous profile photos

Erase our previously-uploaded profile photos from your database. It is a gross invasion of privacy.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Separate notifications from favorites

New message notifications from favorites and non-favorites should be grouped separately, with customizable alert sounds too.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Push Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Inbox filter: inactive profiles

This would help us filter out the chats with profiles that have been deleted, deactivated, banned, or gone offline from inactivity.

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Inbox filter: one-sided chats

Most people never respond for one reason or another, so it’d be nice to easily filter out those chats from our crowded inboxes.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Verify users

This would be to verify a user by one of a few means either they have to send their photo to you with their name on it or instead of utilizing emails as a verification use their mobile numbers similar to whatsap this will stop or minimize the amount of fake profiles as lately grindr has a huge number of pfs that are fake and guys just open a new one with another fake email address

13,932 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

339 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unblocked fake gps/ allow fake gps pleas.

Unblock fake gps or allow fake gps for get easy date friends or friends and for easy to other guys can see each.unblock please...🙏🏼

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Blocks & Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. مشاكل تقارير الابلاغ واغلاق الحساب المؤذي بضغطة زر واحدةح

إصلاح مشاكل تقارير الابلاغ وإعادتها كما كانت في التطبيق التجريبي عند الإبلاغ عن حساب مؤذي ينغلق فورا دون الحاجة لمراسلة فريق الدعم

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. تطوير زر تقارير الابلاغ بضغطة زر واحدة

يغلق الحساب فورا عند ارسال تقرير الابلا عن منتحلين الشخصيات والقاصرين و الحسابات المؤذية . عند الضغط على ابلغ عن وإرسال سبب الإبلاغ يغلق الحساب المسيئ فورا بنفس الوقت كما كان في الاصدارات السابقة القديمة ب 2017 و 2018

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mock location

Dear Grindr,
    This an important message. I understand that in the recent update Grindr has disallowed usage of "Mock GPS". But Please lend me an ear for a minute.
    There are many like me who still have to live and work in insensitive areas. Where local people are insensitive, apathetic and hateful towards LGBT community.
    My recent experience of using the app in the small town I'm working at was bitter. Everyday I get followed by a local Gay guy from my office to my local residence. Another guy ended up blackmailing me and it was reported too.

My point…

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. اصلاح مشاكل تقارير البلاغات واعادتها كما كانت ب 2017 و2018 بضغط زر واحدة ينغلق الحساب المؤذي

لقد قمت بلابلاغ اكثر من مرة عن اطفال قاصرين من داخل التطبيق وكذالك ارسلت تقارير لفريق الدعم وقمت بتصوير الشاشة لكن لا فائدة لم يفعلو شيئا ولم تغلق حساباتهم لماذا ؟ بعد التحديثات الأخيرة أصبحت تقارير الابلاغ لا تعمل عند الضغط عليها يظهر فقط تم الإبلاغ لكن غير فعال لا ينحظر الحساب الذي ينتهك قوانين البرنامج ، ارجو حل هذه المشكلة فورا ومعالجتها وإعادة تقارير البلاغات كما كانت سابقا في 2017 و 2018 عند إرسال تقرير إبلاغ عن شخص ينتهك الحقوق ينحظر فورا ، ارجو إعادة النظر في الأمر

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filter by keyword

Filter by words in a persons profile and not just so you don't see them but anyone using certain words cannot see you either.

438 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. اصلاح مشاكل تقارير الابلاغ ارجوكم

I was informed from within the application on an account impersonating my personality more than twenty times, but his account was not closed, why? I am tired of the large number of reporting reports and you did nothing and the account was not closed, and I also sent the support team a message and did nothing 😡 After the recent updates, the application became a garbage There is a bug and problems in the reporting list When sending a report to report abusive accounts do not prohibit their accounts is not the same as it was previously The application before…

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. اعادة البلاغ كما كان سابقا ، عندما اضغط ع زر الابلاغ عن شخصي يسيئ لي ينحظر فورا دون الحاجة الى مراسلة فريق الدعن

عند الإبلاغ عن الحسابات الزائفة والمسيح ومنتخب الشخصيات تنحضر فورا بأبلاغ واحد . كما في السابق

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 683 684
  • Don't see your idea?

Grindr Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base