Grindr Feature Requests

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mass Block

Coworkers around that can’t see you on Grindr? Family members? People not your type? Just like how you can delete multiple photos at once on your phone, there should be an option on being able to click multiple users and mass block them all at the same time. Efficient, easy, fast.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Blocks & Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Faster Blocking + Block List

The ability to block with a single swipe/gensture. Then the ability to go to a blocked list which is filterable and also you can unblock.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically block /prevent people not matching your preferences

Automatically prevent unwanted members not matching your preferences from seeing your profile or at least disabling their abilities to message you

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Report a user after he blocks you

Sometimes, a user will send abusive or racist comments, and then he will block you before you have a chance to report him. Then, he doesn’t have to deal with the consequences of his actions. I think it should be possible to report someone, even if he’s already blocked you. That’s the only way to keep Grindr safe from those kinds of experiences.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Blocks & Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple colors for stars to indicate different things

Have red blue green yellow white pink star colors to flag different people.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not being suddenly suspended by app for no reason

My Account has got suspended due to no reason suddenly. reactivation took too long.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Blocks & Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Blocking also blocks MAC Address / HWID

On grindr if you block someone who is abusive or fake, chances are quite high they will come back due to a new account, blocking by IP address is useless because the person who you blocked could be using a Proxy or a VPN or network change.

I suggest that a Block targeted their Phones MAC Address or HWID which would mean they would have to buy a whole new phone just to abuse and to be blocked again which is pointless even after making a new account.

Definitions: HWID means Hardware ID built into their androids system information.

MAC…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Blocks & Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow to report spam/fake profiles with one click

It takes several steps to report fake profiles. One of the options on block should be "Fake"

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide from people in a restricted category like age or race

Being able to hide your profile from people who do not meet the requirements of your preferred category.

So if you select "no men over 40" then all profiles that show men over 40 will not be able to see your profile or make contact with you. Or if race is an issue then you can select white, black, asian or whoever else and then all other races cannot see your profile or contact you.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to unblock select users

Ability to unblock single users as you please. Find it odd and well simply pointless to have the option to only unblock ALL users or none at all....

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unlimited Favorites/Unlimited Blocks

Let us have Unlimited Favorites and Unlimited Blocks On Free.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mutual tap list

Access a list of people who you've tapped and have tapped you

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. profile pictures

Grinder should delete all accounts with no profile picture. Have something but nothing but a black box is not acceptable. Takes up my feed.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Who blocked me

If I'm paying for grinder xtra I want to know who block me, and if I'm paying I want to be able to unblock myself. Money rules the world and of I am paying for my subscription I want to know.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Video call

Allow video call and normal call. And let the location be nearby

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Block and Ban Racists!

Actually do something to block and ban racists and closet racists (ie- “it’s just a preference” guys)

It’s annoying how often a black guy gets called the n-word and Asians are called derogatory names and nothing does anything about it.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Blocks & Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delete profiles

Delete profiles with more than a week with barely filled profiles

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unlimited Free Blocks

Many creeps lurk this app, it is everyone’s personal responsibility to act on their best judgement, but to make users pay to have unlimited blocks seems like a complete disregard for user safety. To be clear, I’m not against paid unlimited favorites and other features, but to make users pay to block more than ten people a day seems irresponsible and dangerous given the nature of this app.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cancel block feature

In theory, it's useful to have the block feature, except that on gridnr most guy abuse it to simple block people based on racism, hate, blocking people after wasting their time and collecting tons of photos, you name it. Many guys don't use its intended purpose, which is to simply block people who harass you or don't leave you alone. I think removing this feature will make people much more reasonable in their writing, conversation and respect for other members of the Grindr community.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unblock a specific person instead of everyone

You have a list of blocked people you can choose to unblock, if I accidentally block someone or something like that I don’t want to unblock EVERYBODY I have already blocked, kinda seems redundant...

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Grindr Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base